TAG BABY
Our tag rugby team - well actually Cath's tag rugby team (i just joined in as a cling-on) was formed by students in her accounting institute that wanted a bit of fun. Everything was paid for them by the sponsor so all we had to do was pitch up and play - pretty cool.
I went along to the first match to watch my lovely wife and got asked to play cos they were short. Secretly, I was of course DYING to get a run! We won, in terrible conditions, and I was asked back.
One match turned into 2, then 3 until there we were, in what was effectively a semi-final, which we won to finish top of our group - and earn a match against the top team from the other pool. Alas, Cath and I were off to Tunisia so we missed the final, which our team lost. Sigh, they must have missed us. Cath and I each scored a try or two over the course of the season, but there were a couple of speedy players in our team that left us (and fortunately the opposition) eating their dust.
Kicking off
Oh captain, my captain
Throwing the dummy...
Cath's colleagues playing against us... they were no match...
Yours truly standing around while the others do all the work... again...






No comments:
Post a Comment