Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Interesting...

Cath has finished her studying - in Ireland anyway - so it was time to get rid of her notes. There were quite a few... I think we need to hire a moving company to take them to a recycling depot.



Haha, Cath has piles - of books and files that is. No wonder her exams are so bloody easy... I mean they're open book exams - all you need to do is have these piles with you in the exams and you've got all your answers there with you. What was she moaning about. Lazy wretch.

xxxxxxxxxx

I found this article in the London Telegraph - one of my favourite newspapers. This was in the business section - which I never read - but since it had this nice picture on the front page, I gave that a squizz... and lo and behold, note South Africa's figures against the other countries...
Click on it for a bigger sqizz.


So SA has the best 2nd quarter of any country in the G20 and we still get screwed against the dollar. Sigh. Such little justice.

I went and did a dig a few weeks later and found out that SA's GDP for the third quarter was plus 0.2 percent - still in the positive. Which means that, officially, South Africa is at worst, still
6 months away from being in a recession.

Ireland by the by, looks like having negative growth of minus 5% for the year (or so they're saying). Which probably hurts my euros against the rand damn it. Come on Ireland, get your act together!

No comments:

The World according to Valkenburg

As if Facebook, gmail and hotseminakedswedishblondes.com weren't taking up enough of my time, now I'm writing a blog!

Oh well - it just goes to show - any idiot can write a blog.